YLH Webinar Series: COVID-19 & Mental Health - Impacts, Lessons and Opportunities
Updated: Aug 6, 2020
Calling all public and global health enthusiasts! Exciting news: Young Leaders for Health is launching its first webinar series, focusing on COVID-19 and the burden on mental health: lessons learned, and ways to strengthen our response to improve health for all.
By putting together this webinar series, Young Leaders for Health aims to provide the latest evidence on the impact of COVID-19 on mental health and how to address it. The webinar series’ objective is to reveal practical solutions to the challenging issues we are all grappling with, including new means of mental health care delivery as well as emerging research and treatments.
The format will encompass a combination of presentations by adept experts, interactive panel discussions, and Q&A sessions.
The webinar series will be hosted over a 6-week period on zoom on 3 different days with each day covering the following topics:
I. Webinar Session - 9th July 2020
COVID-19 and Mental Health: Mental Health and psychosocial considerations for vulnerable populations - Click here to register. Speakers:
- Claudia Batz - Young Leaders for Health, Coordinator YLH Webinar Series - Roopa Dhatt - Women in Global Health, Executive Director - Priscilla Dudhia - Women for Refugee Women, Policy and Research Coordinator
- Alexandra Lanzetta - Young Leaders for Health, Organizing Committee YLH Webinar Series - Aiysha Malik - World Health Organization, Mental Health Expert - Carley Timerick - Young Leaders for Health, Organizing Committee YLH Webinar Series
Did you miss the first YLH Webinar Session on COVID -19 and Mental Health: psychosocial considerations for vulnerable populations? Click here to watch the recording.
II. Webinar Session - 23rd July 2020, 16:00 CET
COVID-19 & Mental Health: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic - Making the Case for Universal Health Coverage
- Aditi Kuber - Young Leaders for Health, Organizing Committee YLH Webinar Series
- Samuel Knauss, Charité Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Clinic for Neurology - Christopher Laurie, Health Researcher, Health & Wellness Advocate - Nicole Votruba, King's College London, Researcher & #FundamentalSDG, Coordinator
Did you miss the second YLH Webinar Session on COVID -19 and Mental Health: lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic - making the case for Universal Health Coverage? Click here to watch the recording.
III. Webinar Session - August 6th 2020, 16:00 CET COVID-19 and Mental Health: Opportunities for Digital Mental Health - Emerging Research & Treatments
Speakers: - Marina Begovic, Young Leaders for Health, Organizing Committee YLH Webinar Series - Elliot Brown, Young Leaders for Health, Organizing Committee YLH Webinar Series - Dr. Steven Chan, Stanford University School of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor, Addiction Consultation & Treatment in Palo Alto, CA, USA at VA Health, Medical Director - Digital Health - Dr. Trina Histon, Kaiser Permanente in Oakland, CA, USA, Senior Principal Consultant, Prevention, Wellness & Digital Health, Digital Medicine Society, Member
- Dr. Pauline Whelan, University of Manchester, Greater Manchester Mental Health
Did you miss the third YLH Webinar Session on COVID -19 and Mental Health: lOpportunities for Digital Mental Health - Emerging Research & Treatments? Click here to watch the recording.
In case of questions, kindly contact: firstname.lastname@example.org